- Private Transfer ( Just Your Party )
- Airport Meet & Greet
- Direct Transfer to Your Place of Stay
- Pay in Advance or Pay The Driver
- Baby & Child Seats Provided If Required
- Modern & Clean Vehicle
- Golf Bag Transport if Required
- Friendly English-Speaking Driver
- 4 Seater Car (1 to 4 People)
- 8 Seater Minibus (5 to 8 People)
Hailed as one of the most charming towns in the entire Algarve, Tavira is a fantastic holiday destination. Situated along the babbling Gilao River, Tavira is a wonderful mixture of traditional Portuguese culture and ancient Moorish influences. Traditional tiled houses, family-owned and operated restaurants, and a collection of intricately decorated churches are nestled along the labyrinth of cobbled streets.
In the southern reaches of Tavira lies the protected and pristine waterways and mudflats of the Parque Natural da Ria Formosoa, which lead to the picturesque golden sand beaches of Ilha de Tavira. Olhao, Vila Real de Santo Antonio, and cabanas, three fascinating towns, surround the town of Tavira. There are world-class golf courses and an untouched countryside, too.
Offering the ideal blend of beaches and culture, with hotels that boast modern amenities, restaurants that serve contemporary cuisines, and picture-perfect weather all year long, it’s easy to see why Tavira is such a beloved holiday destination; not only in the Algarve, but in the entire world.
There are so many wonderful things to do and experiences to be had in Tavira, and the following are just a few of the highlights.
- Historic city center. At the heart of Tavira lies the historic city center. Cobblestone streets meander through the city center, and beautiful, quintessential Portuguese tiled houses, as well as remnants of Moorish architecture, are speckled along the streets. As you stroll through the streets, you’ll be welcomed by friendly locals, you’ll find shops that sell interesting treasures, and family-owned and operated restaurants that serve traditional Portuguese cuisine.
- Praia do Barril. This pristine beach is the picture-perfect setting of the Cemiterio das Ancoras (Anchor Cemetery). This underwater archeological site is one of the Azores most iconic dive sites, and even the world. The site is home to more than 40 anchors that have been dropped and collected here over the course of several centuries. Many of the anchors can be visited by snorkelers and divers of all skill levels, but the deepest anchors are only recommend for those who have ample experienced.
- Ilha de Tavira. The beaches on the Ilha de Tavira, are arguably the most beautiful in all of the Algarve. The golden sand is powder-soft and the crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean lap at the shores. These beaches are the perfect place to soak up the sun, to splash in the surf, and to enjoy the impeccable weather that the region is famed for year-round.
- Ria Formosa Natural Park. One of the Seven Natural Wonders of Portugal, the Ria Formosa Natural Park is a protected area and one of the most incredible places in all of the Algarve. Protected from the sea by five barrier islands and two peninsulas, the varying landscapes are simply breathtaking, and the flora and fauna, that call this place home, add to the wonder of this natural gem.
The above are just some of the wonderful things that Tavira offers. With such wonder, beauty, culture, and fabulous weather, it’s easy to see why it’s such a beloved holiday destination.