- Private Transfer ( Just Your Party )
- Airport Meet & Greet
- Direct Transfer to Your Place of Stay
- Pay in Advance or Pay The Driver
- Baby & Child Seats Provided If Required
- Modern & Clean Vehicle
- Golf Bag Transport if Required
- Friendly English-Speaking Driver
- 4 Seater Car (1 to 4 People)
- 8 Seater Minibus (5 to 8 People)
A short 15 minute drive from the Faro airport lies Almancil, a quaint and quintessentially Algarve town. This upmarket town enjoins Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo, two lavish resorts, and the three come together to create the Algarve’s illustrious Golden Triangle. While it may not be as well-known as its more affluent neighbors, Almancil is just as fantastic a destination.
Situated about 7 minutes from Formosa Park, there’s no shortage of things to do Almancil. If you love shopping, this small, yet exciting town is the perfect destination to partake in some retail therapy, as it is home to an array of high-end fashion houses and sophisticated boutiques. It’s also a gastronomic delight, as there’s an array of dining establishments that serve an array of freshly prepared, authentic Portuguese dishes, as well as international cuisine.
Almancil is the perfect destination for a family-friendly vacation. Here, you’ll find an assortment of leisure activities that both the young and the young at heart will enjoy partaking in during the day. When the sun goes down, many of the town’s eateries boast roomy areas that invite children to play, making supper an exciting and pleasant experience for the entire family.
Basically, no matter what type of holiday you’re looking to take – a romantic getaway, a getaway with friends, or a family-friendly excursion – Almancil is the perfect destination.
The following are just some of the key highlights that make the beachside town of Almancil a perfect place for a Algarve holiday.
- Luxury shopping. For those who enjoy treating themselves to retail therapy, Almancil won’t disappoint. Quinta Shopping is the heartbeat of the town’s esteemed shopping center. In both the Quinta and the Bougainvillea Plaza, you’ll find an extensive selection of independent boutiques and high-end fashion houses.
- Gastronomic delights. Fine shopping isn’t all there is to enjoy in Almancil; there’s fine dining, too. In the Bougainvillea Plaza, you’ll find an array of local cafes, pubs, and restaurants, where you can enjoy both traditional Portuguese and international cuisine. If you prefer to prepare your own meals, visit the Apolonia Supermarket, which is well-stocked with an assortment of fresh produce, local and international ingredients, and wines and spirits. There’s a fish counter, a bakery, a butcher, and a delicatessen, and a sushi bar, too.
- Leisure activities. In Almancil, there are a myriad of ways to spend your days. Stroll through the streets of the charming town and taking in the traditional Algarvian architecture, of which the Sao Lourenco Church is most certainly the highlight. The Cultural Center, which houses six exhibition halls, showcases displays from international artists throughout the year. Adventure-seekers who are looking for something more thrilling can head to Karting Almancil, to enjoy go kart racing, or an off-road safari tour through the Algarve countryside. Other exciting leisure activities to enjoy in Almancil include horseback riding, a variety of water activities at the Lago Watersports Center, as well as eco and boat tours through the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve.